JellyPages.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Purpose

Some years ago I decided that chasing after a career in music was nothing more than a pipe dream. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. One of my friends said that I had grown up, but in the wrong way. But, if I hadn't let it go, I would have been unable to change and grow further.

But my music has never left me. My voice has not withered, my ears have not fallen out of tune with the notes I hear. And I still love to sing.

While watching 'Facing The Giants' for the umpteenth time (and I shall probably watch it again soon), the coach was focused on implementing a new team philosophy. The philosophy involved refocusing the purpose of the team from merely winning football games to honoring God through their actions and attitude.

So now, remembering the dreams I've left behind, I'm asking myself - what is the purpose of my singing? I've thought about it before, and couldn't answer it. I just loved to sing and I wanted to do it. But now I'm beginning to see and feel a little differently.

What is the purpose of my singing?
I want to sing - not for myself, but for others. I want to move people to joy in the music. I want to touch the very core of their soul and light a spark. I want to see them cry and yell in rapture as they listen. I want to see them give their mind and body over to the rhythms and sounds, and find something with even more meaning in the midst of it all. I want to incite a change. I want to bring people together for a common cause. I want, for one second, for the world to be in tune - for one perfect second of harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment